What to do to have a fit body?

Started by joehostan, September 19, 2016, 07:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey!! I'm planning on to shed my weight in order to have a healthy body. I usually don't give much attention to my body but recently I started having many health issues and my GP asked me to take proper rest and also to watch my eating style. So my elder brother told me to look for a good diet plan which does not compromise on my health. He also told me about the Harvey Brooker's (Toronto) healthy eating program ( http://www.harveybrooker.com/mens-diet-and-weight-watcher-plans/ ). Has anyone heard about this? The relationship between my brother and me is not that cool. He just always orders me and I need to do it. So I'm just scared to ask him the details regarding this. I hope I could get an answer from here. Thanks for your time!!

Focus on fat-loss rather than weight loss. It is important to build a good muscle mass by incorporating a balanced protein-carbs-fat diet. When I say carbs, focus on eating complex carbs rather than simple carbs. Eat sweet potato, green veggies and fruits. Get your good fat by eating avocados, VCO, Omega3 from salmon/tuna and etc (eating fat will never make you fat). Proteins from lean meat and fishes.

I suggest that you should be aware of fad diets and try to avoid it. Work out is a must. A variety of work-out should be introduced every day. (e.g MWF- cardio, pilates and weight lifting exercises T-TH-S core strengthening, endurance training).

In my experience cardio in fasting state makes your body burn much more fat. So I do cardio in my 16 hr. of intermittent fasting. Of course, sleep is important too!

Quote from: joehostan on September 19, 2016, 07:12:22 PM
Hey!! I'm planning on to shed my weight in order to have a healthy body. I usually don't give much attention to my body but recently I started having many health issues and my GP asked me to take proper rest and also to watch my eating style. So my elder brother told me to look for a good diet plan which does not compromise on my health. He also told me about the Harvey Brooker's (Toronto) healthy eating program ( http://www.harveybrooker.com/mens-diet-and-weight-watcher-plans/ ). Has anyone heard about this? The relationship between my brother and me is not that cool. He just always orders me and I need to do it. So I'm just scared to ask him the details regarding this. I hope I could get an answer from here. Thanks for your time!!
The ideal way to get fit is through regular exercise.

Which physical activities look appealing to you??

Quote from: Lord Vee on September 21, 2016, 01:49:58 AM
Focus on fat-loss rather than weight loss. It is important to build a good muscle mass by incorporating a balanced protein-carbs-fat diet. When I say carbs, focus on eating complex carbs rather than simple carbs. Eat sweet potato, green veggies and fruits. Get your good fat by eating avocados, VCO, Omega3 from salmon/tuna and etc (eating fat will never make you fat). Proteins from lean meat and fishes.

I suggest that you should be aware of fad diets and try to avoid it. Work out is a must. A variety of work-out should be introduced every day. (e.g MWF- cardio, pilates and weight lifting exercises T-TH-S core strengthening, endurance training).

In my experience cardio in fasting state makes your body burn much more fat. So I do cardio in my 16 hr. of intermittent fasting. Of course, sleep is important too!

Good tip