What will you tell your 20-year old self

Started by jackxtwist, October 27, 2017, 12:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So most of my acquaintances are getting married and having kids. Another flew to Singapore to become a full-time photographer. A college drinking buddy is now a senior team leader in an IT company. A close acquaintance now teaches in Dubai. And a few years from now, mawawala na ako sa kalendaryo. So many things happened, breakthroughs, joys, failures, regrets, mishaps, laughter and tears, broken limbs, lost phones and plastics, so many things learned and many more that's still being learned.

If you were to bump into your 20 year old self, what would you tell him?

Kung ako, well

Ayan, naachieve na ang pangarap mo na magtrabaho at maging bahagi ng UP, kahit bagsak sa UPCAT. Sad thing, ang pangarap mong magpari ay di pa rin marating, kailangan pa ring itaguyod ang pamilya. Nagsikap makatapos ng masters pero di natapos dahil namatay ang tatay at kailangang magpaaral ng kapatid. Single ka pa rin dahil iniisip mong laan ka para sa pangarap mo. May mga kaibigan pero may hangarin ka pa ring magkaroon ng close guy friends just to keep company and be yourself. Happy kahit toxic

Quote from: jackxtwist on October 27, 2017, 12:25:02 AM
So most of my acquaintances are getting married and having kids. Another flew to Singapore to become a full-time photographer. A college drinking buddy is now a senior team leader in an IT company. A close acquaintance now teaches in Dubai. And a few years from now, mawawala na ako sa kalendaryo. So many things happened, breakthroughs, joys, failures, regrets, mishaps, laughter and tears, broken limbs, lost phones and plastics, so many things learned and many more that's still being learned.

If you were to bump into your 20 year old self, what would you tell him?

Naka relate ako dun sa ilang taon na lang mawawala na sa kalendaryo. Parang sampal un sakin ah! Reality check! Haha 😆

Anyways, I'll tell my 20 year old self to SAVE money. Work really hard until he turns 22, start school again at that age and ask his managers if he can do part time job while studying. And as for his savings, I'll tell him to either invest the money or come up with a business plan.

Kung pwede nga lang ibalik ang panahon.. 😔

I will tell the 20 y/o me:
You should learn to enjoy your life, don't focus on supporting your family and don't pressure yourself on being an achiever. You achieve a lot already, take things slowly, take a break, pause for a while and savor your success.Have your own happiness. Spread your wings as wide as you can. Explore the world, don't be afraid to fall in love and be loved. Life is too short, do what makes you happy. You're missing a lot of happy things and you're overlooking the people around you specially those who love you and care for you. Get into a relationship, whether you fall in love or not, you will still feel the pain so better try it. At least you can say that you tried and you fall in love, and most of all, you love.

Sad I just realized I missed a lot of things that could make me happy :-(.

Dear 20-year-old-self,

<expletives x5>!!!! Bawas bawas sa inom. Kahit ilang tagay lang per day. Tsaka ang jologs mo huy. Ayusin mo ang porma mo. Mukha kang bagong gising palagi. Bili ka ng maayos na bag, para hindi ka nababasagan ng alak sa loob ng bag at nababasa lahat ng college papers mo.
Yung syota mo, hinay hinay lang. Di kayo magkakatuluyan nyan. Tama na yung ilang taong pag iyak sa kanya. Kung kaya mo rin, wag kang mag drunk call sa kanya. Wag rin magbooty call in the future. Tandaan mo, hindi kayo para sa isa't isa.
Mag aral ka kahit kaunti pa. Hindi naman kailangang CS o US ka, basta yung wala masyadong bagsak. Try mo rin magcheck ng mga scholarships abroad at mga exchange student programs. Hindi mo pa alam pero sobrang pagsisisihan mo na hindi mo sinubukan man lang.
Sinasabi ko lang naman to para lang may guide ka. You can always decide on your own. Either way, it gets better. Trust me.
Enjoy college, enjoy the company of your friends now kasi in the future, sila pa rin ang friends mo.

PS: Start watching Anime. Ang hirap maghabol lalo kung may anak na. Yes, magiging Daddy tayo. Matutupad yung pangarap natin nung freshie pa tayo at nakatingin sa field na may mga nagpipicnic na families.

Dear 20 year old self.

Sana ienjoy mo ng husto ang pagiging single with no responsibilities. Mabilis lang ang panahon. Once you get married and have kids, you are on a different level na and ibang iba ang adulting and parenthood. Ibang iba but its a different stage in life that you will enjoy.

But in the mean time, enjoy your 20s while it lasts. Mabilis lang ang panahon.

Dear 20 yr old self,

Focus on your goals and you'll achieve greater heights. Apply ka nga pla sa ibang company baka magbago ang hinaharap. Huwag ka papayag magpalipat lipat ng roles sa career mo at focus ka sa gusto mo.

dear 20 y/o self,

Chill ka lang. Hindi kayo magkakatuluyan nyang gf / semi live-in partner mo, bata ka pa. Study hard.

You will be meeting not just a one in a million kind of girl, you will end up with a ONCE IN A LIFETIME KIND OF WOMAN.

Quote from: buknoy on March 08, 2018, 12:37:50 PM
dear 20 y/o self,

Chill ka lang. Hindi kayo magkakatuluyan nyang gf / semi live-in partner mo, bata ka pa. Study hard.

You will be meeting not just a one in a million kind of girl, you will end up with a ONCE IN A LIFETIME KIND OF WOMAN.

IDOOOOOOOL!

Nakanang, romantiko pala itong si buknoy!!! #idol

Dear 20 year old self,

Don’t pressure yourself too much. Focus on the real thing, and do it one at a time!

People come and go - don’t be an arsekisser! If they don’t want you, let them leave! If they want you, they’ll always find a way to connect to your venn diagram.

Continue what you’ve started a few years back with Allen! Don’t be lazy and stop yelling with so many excuses about work! You have plans of doing music together so get it done and we might earn a spot on Spotify after 10 years - we’ll never know.

Also, start working out. It’s gonna be hard for you to get fit once you hit 25+ so please do yourself a favor and go to the gym! And might as well, get more sleep!

Quote from: den0saur on March 08, 2018, 01:44:06 PM
Quote from: buknoy on March 08, 2018, 12:37:50 PM
dear 20 y/o self,

IDOOOOOOOL!

Paps kaw ang idol namin dito.

yung 400m lotto combination, para maitaya ko

Quote from: Peps on March 12, 2018, 01:24:31 AM
yung 400m lotto combination, para maitaya ko
Hahahaha pwede. Di ko naisip ito lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Pinoy Guy Guide mobile app

Dear 20yr old self,

You're taking the right track. Ayun nga lang, mag ipon ka mabuti tsaka bawas bawasan ang paggawa ng kalokohan.

I miss you!

Hope we strive hard to get what we really want.

Thanks for trying. Remember. Positive lang!