Are you racist?

Started by carpediem, August 07, 2010, 01:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: carpediem on August 09, 2010, 11:42:42 PM
Do you think that to some degree being racist is actually beneficial to a race/nationality because it sort of binds the racist people together and promotes unity among themselves against a foreign race?

i don't think so!

if your a racist yourself, you will definitely say yes...

Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on August 10, 2010, 11:05:33 PM
but to him he succeded, in terms of 6 million Jews exterminated.

his plan is to exterminate all. Wala pa sa 10% ng total population iyan kaya hinde siya successful.

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 11, 2010, 06:17:10 PM
Quote from: Mr.Yos0 on August 10, 2010, 11:05:33 PM
but to him he succeded, in terms of 6 million Jews exterminated.

his plan is to exterminate all. Wala pa sa 10% ng total population iyan kaya hinde siya successful.

at hindi naman lahat ng germans ay umayon o pumabor sa kanya.. in fact ang daming attempt sa buhay niya na mga germans din ang may kagagawan... wait.. Austrian born, german politician siya diba?

hmm.. ako, personally, dati, nung bata ako racist ako. I dunno why; maybe it's because of the media or literature that I am exposed with as a child. Pero eventually, nawala din.

I'm talking about racism against african-americans btw

as for people being 'something'-ist (discrimination against specific gender or height or weight etc), I don't think I am like that

racist ang mga whites, they discriminate blacks. They feel that they are the superior race of all mankind  ;D

Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 11, 2010, 11:04:37 PM
racist ang mga whites, they discriminate blacks. They feel that they are the superior race of all mankind  ;D

nagiging racist na si brusko.. dini-discriminate ang mga whites... lol! ;D

Quote from: judE_Law on August 11, 2010, 12:10:37 PM
Quote from: carpediem on August 09, 2010, 11:42:42 PM
Do you think that to some degree being racist is actually beneficial to a race/nationality because it sort of binds the racist people together and promotes unity among themselves against a foreign race?

i don't think so!

if your a racist yourself, you will definitely say yes...

It is just a theory of mine. But I do not believe if one's a racist he/she would say yes.

Quote from: judE_Law on August 12, 2010, 02:01:28 PM
Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 11, 2010, 11:04:37 PM

nagiging racist na si brusko.. dini-discriminate ang mga whites... lol! ;D

hahaha dapat talaga sila naman ang idiscriminate natin. For so many years, mababa tingin nila sa atin  ;D

^ so... eh di totoo nga ang sinabi ko na mas matindi mag-discriminate mga Pinoy? basahin niyo ulit mga post at makikita niyo sinasabi ko.. haha..

hinde rin. iilan lang ang pinoy na racist. Regionalistic ang pinoy like Kapampangans don't meddle with Bisaya, tagalogs dont' meddle much with Ilokanos but they're not racists  ;D

Quote from: fox69 on August 16, 2010, 05:50:20 PM
OT...can we change the title into ARE YOU A RACIST? the grammar police will be very happy ;D

hahaha english teacher ka na din  ;D aside from Mathematician.  :D

naalala ko kasi mababa tingin ng ibang pinoys lalo na mga tagalogs sa mga ethnic tribes like aetas, mangyan, tibolis, tasadays, igorots, etc.

Quote from: fox69 on August 16, 2010, 05:57:09 PM
Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 16, 2010, 05:53:28 PM
Quote from: fox69 on August 16, 2010, 05:50:20 PM
OT...can we change the title into ARE YOU A RACIST? the grammar police will be very happy ;D

hahaha english teacher ka na din  ;D aside from Mathematician.  :D

hehehe...bigla ko lang napansin kasi ang ganda ng reply mo  about us Filipinos being regionalistics instead of racists ;D

Hmm. I do not see anything wrong. The "racist" in "Are you racist?" is an adjective, just like Filipino in "Are you Filipino?" whereas if it is "Are you a racist?" then you are using "racist" as a noun.

"Regionalistic" is a different matter altogether. It is the regional analogue of "nationalistic". The analogue of racism I think is probably bigotry, although it is too generic.

racism is a belief of superiority of a race. regionalistic is a belief of superiority of a region in the same country. both are different but they have common denominator to other people - Prejudice  ;D