Are you racist?

Started by carpediem, August 07, 2010, 01:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 17, 2010, 11:33:11 AM
racism is a belief of superiority of a race. regionalistic is a belief of superiority of a region in the same country. both are different but they have common denominator to other people - Prejudice  ;D

I do not think being regionalistic is analogous to being racist. Being regionalistic just means you are just loyal to your own region (and you may not care for the welfare of other regions). There is no prejudice there, just like when you are nationalistic.

Being racist however is purely negative.

Quote from: carpediem on August 18, 2010, 12:23:22 AM
Quote from: pinoybrusko on August 17, 2010, 11:33:11 AM
racism is a belief of superiority of a race. regionalistic is a belief of superiority of a region in the same country. both are different but they have common denominator to other people - Prejudice  ;D

I do not think being regionalistic is analogous to being racist. Being regionalistic just means you are just loyal to your own region (and you may not care for the welfare of other regions). There is no prejudice there, just like when you are nationalistic.

Being racist however is purely negative.

yes I agree being racist is purely negative pero sa pagiging regionalistic ng pinoy as i  mentioned examples like tagalogs don't meddle much with mangyans, aetas, igorots kc mababa talaga tingin nila sa kanila di ba? its not pure negative pero meron pa din negative.

kaya nga ang overview ko hinde racist ang pinoy kundi regionalistic

^ Ok. I thought you mant the term regionalistic in general. Yes I think many Filipinos are regionalistic.

I wonder if the Spanish rule has contributed somewhat to racism in the country.

basta... ang masasabi ko diyan.. likas sa marami sa ating mga Pinoy ang pagiging racist!

I'm not a racist. And I love my friends and classmates.  ;D

^ You have many foreign friends and classmates? What nationality?

Sa Europe po ako nag-aaral (slashnakatiraslashlumaki). So natural lang na maraming race ang nakakainteract ko. ;)

ako di racist pero ive experienced a lot even in our country... mas lalo na sa foreigner

dito discriminated ang bangladesh, indians, pakistanis at pinoys  ;D but hell do I care? I'm here for work  :D

I really think that Gloria Diaz's statement regarding Cebuanos could probably be misubderstood, but the essence of her statement is really discriminatory, not to mention downgrading and a form of mockery.

Quote from: ctan on September 05, 2010, 06:16:18 PM
I really think that Gloria Diaz's statement regarding Cebuanos could probably be misubderstood, but the essence of her statement is really discriminatory, not to mention downgrading and a form of mockery.

nabasa ko sa isang article..
"hindi tungkol sa kung nakakasalita sila ng ingles kundi kung naiintindihan ba nila yung ingles, base sa pagkakasabi ni diaz hindi nga nila siya naiintindihan."

i think mali lang siguro sila ng pagkakaintindi kay gloria diaz.
alam niyo naman tayong mga Pinoy masyadong balat-sibuyas.. -ayan ha.. referring ako sa ating lahat ng Pinoy.

Quote from: judE_Law on September 05, 2010, 10:15:06 PM

nabasa ko sa isang article..
"hindi tungkol sa kung nakakasalita sila ng ingles kundi kung naiintindihan ba nila yung ingles, base sa pagkakasabi ni diaz hindi nga nila siya naiintindihan."

i think mali lang siguro sila ng pagkakaintindi kay gloria diaz.
alam niyo naman tayong mga Pinoy masyadong balat-sibuyas.. -ayan ha.. referring ako sa ating lahat ng Pinoy.

pero jude, really, i watched the video kanina and she said: "(in verbatim) kasi when you think about a Cebuano can hardly speak English and of course Tagalog so maybe she should answer in in in Bisaya"

very stereotypical answer. and of course, discriminatory.

^ I don't feel it was discriminatory, although I have to admit I'm not a Cebuano. But I think even if it really was discriminatory, people do not have to make a big deal out of it. It just shows how onion-skinned Filipinos are, as jude pointed it out.

I'm a cebuano but I'm not affected. Everybody is entitled to its own opinion. HInde ganun katalino si Gloria para patulan kahit naging miss universe pa siya in her time.  ;D Wala siyang pinagkaiba kay Melanie Marquez  :D

How is it not discriminatory? She said "a Cebuano can hardly speak English of course Tagalog". That's not discriminating enough? What is it then? Hehehe. Sencya nahihighblood ako sa kanya. Hehehe!