[INSOMNIACS] What productive things do you do when you can't sleep?

Started by mangkulas03, January 30, 2011, 01:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
so there... as much as possible, "clean" answers please. :)

thanks!

Ako I play psp games then pag inantok ako direcho na sa tulog :D

I've been insomiac since I was 5y/o (Yeah, that's what I remember). I experience having 30 mins sleep or no sleep at all. Try mo inom ng Fresh Milk(they say they stimulate an enzyme that makes you fall asleep), minsan effective, minsan hindi rin. Or listen to soft slow music, gaya ng sabi ni Jun...ayun. Sana makatulong, sa akin minsan lang umepekto, kapag nagpapatugtog ako ng music sa halip na makatulog ako napapakanta pa ako eh...hehehe... ;D

I also suffer this once in a while. Parang ayaw lang magrest yung mind, kahit alam ko na inaantok na ako. Yes, inaantok pero di makatulog.

- Try meditation. It can help calm your mind and relax your body. You can just lie there and focus on your breathing. You may - and will - get distracted and your mind may wander, but every time just gently pull your mind back to your breathing. Be patient, and don't get frustrated. Sooner or later you'll fall asleep.

- Try listening to static noise. Check this site http://simplynoise.com/ . You can choose between white noise, pink noise, and brown noise. This can help you block off distractions. This can also be combined with meditation.

Agree with most of them. Try listen to soft music. Or try to read books.

listen to progressive rock.

recmd: pink floyd
album: dark side of the moon, wish you were here

Quote from: ram013 on February 01, 2011, 12:43:53 AM
Pray or read the bible

This also absolutely works, lalo na kapag hindi ka makatulog due to uneased thoughts...hanap ka kahit isang verse then try to ponder on that verse na fit sa iyo...
;D

VERY TRUE: Praying and reading the Bible
DOES NOT WORK FOR ME: Drink warm milk, reading, listening to music, watching a DVD/movie/TV
WORKS SOMETIMES: Static noise or relaxing noise

Meron ako nadiscover recently--- Maglaro ng Where's Wally sa iPod. Nakakaantok. (but turn off the sfx)

praying din.

tas minsan nakikinig ng music, nanonood ng tv/movies.

praying din :)

pag yung isip ko napunta sa paggawa ng program. nahihirapan na akong matulog lalo. ehehe

I lie down and try to recollect everything that happened while I'm awake, tracing from where I am now and back to when I woke up... I don't know if it's productive though XD

I try to calm my restless mind by focusing on one thing. So far, listening to my favorite (yet overplayed) playlist on my player does the trick. However, I like to savor the few minutes of the random thoughts that linger before I fall asleep. I find that if you just do not focus on the insomnia, you'll always fall asleep that way.