Japan Earthquake

Started by carpediem, March 12, 2011, 04:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

^ 5 days late. see the front page

The moment nuclear plant chief WEPT as Japanese finally admit that radiation leak is serious enough to kill people

*Officials admit they may have to bury reactors under concrete - as happened at Chernobyl
*Government says it was overwhelmed by the scale of twin disasters
*Japanese upgrade accident from level four to five - the same as Three Mile Island
*We will rebuild from scratch says Japanese prime minister
*Particles spewed from wrecked Fukushima power station arrive in California
*Military trucks tackle reactors with tons of water for second day

Full article here.

bilib ako sa pagiging nationalistic ng mga japanese. They tend to stay with their native land to help the locals rather than going out with their Pinay wives in the Philippines

^
meron bang article para jan? Mababa naman yata tingin ng mga hapon sa pinas. Dami kasi mga pinay prosti sa japan.

I hope China would just set aside any historical grudges with Japan and help Japan recover. Given the resources and their proximity to Japan, China can potentially be a bigger help than the US.

Given that the situation is a catastrophe, and not war, China has done quite a lot to help. They too will be affected if they do not, what with another Chernobyl incident on the brink, among others. I read they've donated 6M Yuans (a tad stingy) money and $1.1M worth of resources to Japan, rescue teams, tech support, etc.

China already sent some help to Japan. According to GMA Network.

meron daw lindol kanina sa Laoag, Ilocos Norte with a magnitude of 6.4. OMG.

I am actually talking more about the nuclear crisis. Imagine if China sent back up power or coolant or whatever help early the nuclear crisis would not worsen to this stage.

It also seems like financial aid is not what Japan needs. They need more material resources and also equipment that would help rebuild the towns.

Financial aids are always welcome. They help rebuild towns, and mobilize resources, among others.

You can't really blame China for their below-expected involvement in quelling the nuclear situation, or any countries for that matter. Recently, Japan is being criticized for not assessing the situation fast enough, and to coordinate information. The plant's company director even said that the officials should have admitted earlier how serious the radiation leaks were.

Ah, yes that's true doc. They were overwhelmed by twin disasters, earthquake and tsunami, and they admitted not drafting this far into disaster preparedness. Noone would have been prepared for such.

But the way I understood that article, doc, is that they did know what was going on (re: severity of nuke leaks) it's just that they (the government) did not want to divulge it timely. It's understandable as they probably want to prevent even more panic (among other reasons). All they said, was that there is a leak, but it is contained, yet rad tests abroad testify otherwise. Sure I am no expert regarding radiation, and they probably picked the best possible solution at that moment in time, and moreso under pressure, but the public and international organizations that need to be concerned must know things timely.

Of course, this issue is of least concern. Force majeur would have it that any efforts hereon would be desperate - this we all know. After all, this is a catastrophe.