web analytics

Sony Ericsson W580i: Shake it Baby!

by Chris
7 comments

I came across an advertisement of Sony Ericsson’s newest music phone at the market – the W580i and I was hooked immediately. Reason behind: The shake control feature!

Think of it, if you want to play the next track then all you need to do is to literally shake your phone! That is something so cool especially if you want to increase your so called “pogi” points.

Another unique feature is music recognition which allows you to know the title of a song based on its beat, rhythm and tempo. Just record a few seconds of a song, connect to the Internet and voila – you get your song’s information.

The rest of the features are standard features of a Walkman phone which include a 2 Megapixel Camera, Music Player, FM Radio, Internet and a whole lot more. Check out the price of this phone here.

I think I’d love to have this phone. What do you guys think?

*Image courtesy of Mad4MobilePhones

You may also like

7 comments

remcyl October 19, 2007 - 1:49 am

i don’t know why the walkman series always seem to disappoint me. when they released the W950i, which was a great design in the making, not having a camera was its biggest downfall.

this one may be a great phone, but i think you should reconsider a bar phone than a slide-up… those ribbons are expensive! hehe

Anonymous October 19, 2007 - 1:58 am

*Typo in your title =)

Chris October 20, 2007 - 1:38 am

remcyl: correct… ribbons are very expensive. haha.

anonymous: thanks, but i’m not sure which typo you were referring to.

Anonymous October 20, 2007 - 8:41 pm

Oops. Parang nakita ko kasi dun sa content na w850i so kala ko that is the model. Sorry, my bad.

Chris October 20, 2007 - 11:28 pm

anonymous: yep you’re right. I just realized afterwards. I corrected the content since the title was the right one.

Thanks a lot for informing! =D

guian_yeo October 25, 2007 - 4:58 pm

wasup chris!! cool info about SE new unit… i cant find your chat box in your site… keep it going bro!

Chris October 26, 2007 - 12:12 am

hi guian, the shout box doesn’t fit quite well with the new layout. I’ll try to find how to make it work.

Thanks for dropping by.