It has been quite some time since I last posted about gadgets here on the blog. But just recently, I was struck by Sony Ericsson’s new flagship phone called the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1.
It appears to me that this is now the successor of the P-Series from Sony Ericsson. And guess what? This is the first-ever mobile phone from the company that uses Windows Mobile instead of Symbian Operating System. So what do we expect from SE’s new phone?
- Windows Mobile 6.1 – new OS means better features? Well we have yet to see because as far as I know, Symbian is the most dominant OS in the mobile phone world so it has more support and more applications. The drawback with Symbian is that it’s a little bit slow. Perhaps Windows Mobile can change this?
- Touchscreen – nothing really new about it since the P-Series used to have one. Remember the P900 phones? Nevertheless, touchscreens have become a standard these days.
- QWERTY Horizontal keypad – this one’s unique and it made the overall look of the phone an eyecandy. Take a look at the photos below
- 3.2 Megapixel Camera – I am surprised that Sony Ericsson included only 3.2 Megapixels for this phone when their competitors already have 5 megapixels. Think about N95 and Samsung’s Omnia.
- Expandable Memory
- USB 2.0 – allows your phone to be a mass-storage device
- WiFi – for mobile Internet in the city’s hotspots
- Music Player and FM Radio – for audiophiles!
While there’s no doubt that this phone is beautiful, the features are comparable to common phones today. I think Sony Ericsson is still trying to get used to the new Windows OS. According to SE, this will be released end of September 2008.
How about you guys? What do you think about this new phone?
Image credit to GSMArena
Want updates on the latest gadgets? Subscribe to Pinoy Guy Guide
Audio quality tidbit: I heard that MP3s sounded good, but not great. The speaker volume in general could have been a little louder and the sound could have sounded a little fuller.
Hi, I found your blog on this new directory of WordPress Blogs at blackhatbootcamp.com/listofwordpressblogs. I dont know how your blog came up, must have been a typo, i duno. Anyways, I just clicked it and here I am. Your blog looks good. Have a nice day. James.
how much is this?
another great SE innovation.. tsk tsk tsk… but I don’t love the design.. hehe 😀 I’ll go for HTC touch if I were to choose 😀 yay!
Teth – I don’t think it’s already out so I have no idea yet how much it will cost.
Jehzeel – I agree, HTC is really nice too.
this phone is awesome…but the price is awesome too….i do have sony e. phone its so sensitive not user friendly but its magnificient..i do have the sony e. k550i its a cybershot phone an its great….
not that expensive….the quality is good…..
im also looking for new friends here………
if you will contact me just inform and also indicate if were to got my number 09238613794…
I am not really a fan of any SE phone. I’m a Nokia guy. This phone QWERTY keypad, and the lack of the “normal” phone keypad, will drive me mad. They should have included the “normal” keypad like Nokia did with its communicators (9500, 9300, etc..) so texting won’t require the user to get used to the QWERTY first. However, for those who already find the QWERTY pad easy to use, then this phone might be just good for them.
How about the applications? I don’t think there are many resources to install apps into this phone: the themes, the games, the office tools, etc. For me, Symbian still rules.
This phone has been out na in other countries but why not yet here?
Magkano kaya ang price neto dito?
hi chris..im a filipino japan based worker.may mga contacts ako here in japan that sells gadgets and stuffs like that..so pare if u are interested mail mo lang ako or if someone from your friends or family na kelangan just mail me,japanese quality pare sure to…thanks..
boudz d982d8a7d984:d8a7d984d8a7d986 d98ad985d983d986d983 d8a7d984d8add8b5d988d984 d8b9d984d989 d985d8b3d8a7d8add8a9 50 d8bad98ad8bad8a7 d8add8aad989 d984d988 d984d985 d8aad985d8aad984d983 d8acd987d8a7d8b2 d8a7d983d8b3d8a8d98ad8b1d98ad8a7!! d98ad8acd8a8 d8a3d986 d98ad983d988d986 d984d8afd98ad983 d8b5d984d8a7d8add98ad8a7d8aa d8a7d984d8b1d988d8aa HOW TO GET FREE 50GB STORAGE (your phone need to be rooted):1. Download Box and iltasnl on your Androdi device. 2. Use Root Explorer (or something like that) to edit the file build.prop in system folder (root/system):edit these two lines to look like this (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST); ro.product.manufacturer=LGE ro.product.model=VS910 4G