web analytics

Goodbye, Blue Soda!

by Chris
7 comments

I thought this was a rumor, but it’s not. It looks official. SODA, the brand behind Blue Soda a.k.a Soda Man (for men’s wear) and Pink Soda (for women’s wear) is closing. Actor Dennis Trillo was the endorser of their men’s apparel.

So how did I find out? Well today, I walked in to one of their shops in SM North EDSA and I was surprised to see a similar sign like this:

I thought they were just renovating but they’re not. Their shop is almost empty and their sales staff look sad too. I asked what was going on and they said that they are closing all their stores soon. I really felt bad when I heard this.

I even had to check their official Facebook Fan Page to confirm and this is what I saw:

If you still remember, I last wrote about Blue Soda back in 2010. They were the only shop that time that had that “Election Men’s Fashion” going on.

I feel nostalgic because I am quite a fan of the brand since I was in college.

I am not sure what is the motive behind their closure. So is it like they are liquidating their business? Selling themselves to another brand? Or maybe just rebranding to compete? I really don’t know. But if this is really the end for them, I just want to say thank you and goodbye, Blue Soda! A man hug goes to you. You will be terribly missed by PGG and all your fans.

Get the latest news on men’s fashion. Like PGG on Facebook and Subscribe to email updates.

You may also like

7 comments

el toro bumingo May 28, 2012 - 7:45 am

Too bad. Icon pa naman sila when it comes to clothing. Sikat yung brand nila. Yun nga lang, mejo matindi ata competition kaya yung other clothing brands resort to Hollywood stars for endorsements 🙁

@BryanGrey18 May 28, 2012 - 10:40 pm

bye!

bentwood June 28, 2012 - 10:20 pm

well their styles were not really as good as they used too.
the fashion industry is quite fierce and cut throat just like the words of Project Runway host Heidi Klum “in the world of fashion one day you’re in and the next day you’re out.”
I just hope I get to visit their store one last time…

Ry July 21, 2012 - 7:40 pm

OMG! Someone just said that they’re an “ICON”???

Well I’m happy that they closed. I mean people, why do you think they closed? It’s not because they got tired of making clothes, it’s because no one would buy any of their clothing. And if someone actually did, it still didn’t help the business.

Look at Dennis Trillo on those pictures, does he look expensive? No! Does he look like a well-known actor? No. It’s because those clothes look cheap (and they are).

Ron February 1, 2016 - 2:43 am

I remeber nung high school ako way back in 1997, ibinili ako ng nanay ko ng Tshirt nito. Honestly nagagandahan ako (maybe i am too young for classics at hndi aware or maganda quality nuon ng products nila). Naalala ko sumasabay ito sa Bench at giordano buon, In fact, may sarili silang pwesto nuon s Sm annex north edsa.

Chris February 1, 2016 - 10:28 pm

Ron – I know what you mean. Sayang nga wala na sila.

Jeps May 18, 2019 - 1:37 am

ang na mimiss ko is ung cologne nla na silver.. gustong gusto ko un.. hnggng ngayun hmhnap p din ako ng stock nun kung san meron.. kas ung fuel at unleaded nla meron pa.. ung diesel nawala n din ata