One of the most awkward things that could happen to you is when you end up at a barbershop and find yourself clueless on what haircut you would like to get.
The stylist would ask you what haircut you want to get done, and after running out of time to think for options, the default answer for most Filipino guys would be…
“Barber’s Cut po”
But it does not have to be that way. That is why in this blog post, Pinoy Guy Guide collaborated with our good friends from KnownMan.com to come up with the guide below which shows and describes the type of hairstyle that would fit you best according to your face shape.
Why is your face shape important to consider when getting a new haircut? – you ask.
Because each hairstyle goes well with a specific face shape. To illustrate, some hairstyles like the Faux Hawk or the popular Pompadour for example, would be appropriate for someone with a round or heart-shaped face but would not go well with someone with a square-shaped face. And because the overall symmetry of your head is an important factor in determining which hairstyle would fit you, the infographic guide below will show you how to identify your face shape and then give you options on what type of hairstyle you would ask your stylist to do for you the next time you are at a barbershop.
Ready to find out? Let’s go.
So in summary:
1. Oval Face Shapes will suit hairstyles like Brush Back, Mid-Fade with Pompadour, Taper Fade with Quiff and Classic Side Part
2. Oblong Face Shapes will be appropriate for haircuts like High Fade with Fringe, Short Side Swept, Short and Spiky and Slick Back.
3. Diamond Face Shapes are best suited for Faux Hawk, Tapered Fade with Fringe, Long Rough Side Part and Textured Crop.
4. Hairstyles such as Undercut with Comb Over, High Fade with Pompadour, High Fade with Brush Back and Spiky are best suited for people with Round Face Shape.
4. Haircuts like Textured Comb Over, Crew Cut, Side part and High Fade with Quiff are most appropriate for men with a Square Face Shape.
5. Heart Face Shapes are best suited for haircuts such as Medium Quiff, Tapered Fade with Fringe, Preppy Comb Over and Side Swept Crew Cut.
Remember that just because a specific haircut looks good on someone does not necessarily mean that it would look good on you. In the same way, just because the hairstyle looks perfect on you, does not necessarily mean it will look good on your friends and the people who look up to you as well.
So the next time you are at a barbershop or at a men’s salon, go ahead and show this blog post or infographic to your hairstylist so that you now have far many more options for your haircut other than the usual “barber’s cut”.
Learn more about men’s fashion on Pinoy Guy Guide by subscribing your email to our free newsletter.
kung palagi ka naka-helmet? ano’ng mas magandang gupit at madaling ayusin?
Nice one! I’m going to try this a different hairstyle next week. Thanks bro!
Chris – Short ones like the spiky, undercut with comb over and the textured crop should work for you. If you’re always wearing the helmet shorter hairstyles are the best because it is more manageable and it doesn’t get messed-up easily.
Dennis – thanks bro! Tell me how it goes for you. 🙂
I think majority of the Filipino men in general has round shape face. Not post Chris!
Sunny G – thanks bro! Good to see you back! How are you doin?
[…] if you are looking for a place where to get your next stylish haircut, then this guide will surely help you find the top barbershops and salons that is ideal for you and […]
[…] 19. Guy Guide: The Best Hairstyles According To Your Face Shape […]
Thanks for the info. I just learned that I have a heart face shape. I think I should really groom myself now for some change. Wanted to boost confidence too by looking good.
Nikko, glad to have helped. Which haircut did you get?
I actually got a short haircut even before I saw your blog. I’m just letting it grow then I could check what really fits me.