Last April, PGG contributor Jessie, shared 10 skills or traits that a Pinoy Guy should have. This time he adds 10 more to the list so read on…
11. Tell if someone is lying.
– Everyone has his technique in catching a liar. Not all of them work. My favorites: Liars change the subject almost instantaneously. Liars look up and to their right when they speak. Liars will sometimes stare dead straight into your eyes and employ a dead face. Pick one, test it.
12. Not monopolize the conversation.
– Leave the excessive talking to women. Less talk, less trouble.
– Doggy paddle won’t cut it. Learn two more strokes man, geesh.
14. Throw a punch.
– We here at PGG are advocates of peace in our own right. But knowing how to throw a good punch when the situation calls for it wouldn’t blemish your reputation. Rule of thumb: Swing with your shoulders, not your arm. Forget about a roundhouse punch or a haymaker – you’re not Manny Pacquiao. If you can strike hard using the heel of your palm, go with it. It serves the same purpose.
15. Play chess with an old guy.
– Old men are designed to crush you. They’ll bore you in meaningless chit-chats, tell stories about how life was when he was a kid and how he survived the Japanese colonization etcetera. Just keep focused and beat him to earn his respect. Don’t worry, they can handle it.
16. Drive a car.
– Learn how to drive (safely, with no drama). You don’t want to end up being driven to a restaurant by your date and letting the whole world see how much she owns you. It’s a skill that can save you a lot of headaches in the future. So go out and borrow your uncle’s ride and practice.
17. Talk to a kid.
– See the child as a person of his own. Don’t even start the conversation by pretending to know a lot about Power Rangers or Ben 10 Alien Force. Use his first name and never use baby talk.
18. Cradle a baby.
– Newborns should always be held tightly against the chest. Wrap them up tightly (they like tight spaces, read: womb) and rythmic movements. Sway your hips in a 2-way/left and right motion. Rinse and repeat.
19. Know how to make a lay-up in basketball (even if its not really your sport).
– The ugliest image in the world is a guy who has an ugly form when taking a lay-up. It doesnt matter if you make it or not – what’s important is how you execute it. Don’t be a clown. You live in a country where basketball reigns supreme. Learn it, live with it.
20. Iron a shirt.
– My personal technique: Start rough, end gently.
Jessie is a full-time employee in Makati as a Technical and Billing Support Supervisor and also works as a Freelance Event Organizer. He has a strong passion in sports and urban lifestyle. In his spare time, he reads books and magazines, surfs the Internet and plays video games.
Get more guy tips by joining the PGG forums or by Subscribing to PGG mailing list.
I dunno how to swim… And drive. But I know how to punch.
I like the fact that the list doesn’t include anything that requires to be “Macho”…
very well said, but i dont know how to iron.. my mother does it for me.. hehehe i will then practice to do it by now..haha
17 – no hope for me.
[…] 10 more skills a Pinoy guy should have […]
LMAO. Basketball sucks. I can live with it but that doesn’t mean I have to know how to play it. Don’t force stupid shit into other people.
About being a walking lie detedtor…Liars always touch their face when they’re talking lies…