Before 2010 ends tonight, let’s have a quick recap on the best fashion trends and lifestyle for men that made headlines in Pinoy Guy Guide for the past 365 days.
1. Modern Fedora Hats and Flat Caps for Men – This trend in caps and hats came in last January. But for some reason it wasn’t received well by many guys. Perhaps many still prefer baseball caps?
2. How about Racing Stripes for Men’s Haircut? – How could we ever forget this hairstyle? It seems to be the haircut of the year. Lots of guys sported this look even my friends, officemates and classmates. But to be honest, I never tried this haircut.
3. Tips on Buying Clothes for Big Guys – This is actually an email-turned-into-a-blog-post after I received an email inquiry from a guy who was asking tips on buying clothes for big guys. I thought that this would be beneficial for lots of guys so I published this in PGG.
4. Cushe Footwear arrives just in time for Summer – A new and promising footwear brand came to the Philippines this year. If you haven’t checked them out, please do so.
6. Thinking about getting a bachelor pad – Remember this article I wrote some time in April? Well if you are wondering if I already moved to a new bachelor pad, the answer is no. The reason? Well, as it turns out, I switched jobs this year and since I am relatively new to my present company, I have to adjust to my new environment first before re-thinking my plans of getting a bachelor pad.
7. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 – This was my dream phone earlier this year. But it is missing some features that I need.
8. HOM underwear: Lingerie for Men? – For the guys who want to show off to the ladies! Haha!
9. Lacoste Essential Sport – One of the best fragrances for men this year.
10. Skateboarding + Men’s Fashion – Skateboarding is really a hit now in the country. I see skaters not only at The Fort and Mall of Asia but just about anywhere else. Heck, I even saw skaters in the province!
11. Crocs Almost Barefoot (ABF) Men’s Collection – If you think that Crocs only produces sandals with holes, well think again. See their collection last summer.
12. The Anti-Metrosexual – Retrosexual, that is. Is this a style trend or really a movement? Let’s find out in 2011!
13. Why isn’t the Philippines a Football Nation? – After the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa last July, it makes us wonder how could Philippines not be a part of one of the world’s greatest and most popular sporting event. Five months later, we now feel better after we have seen the superb performance of the Philippine Football Team at the recently held AFF Suzuki Football Cup. I’m proud of the Philippine Team. I wish them more successes in the future. And yes, I still dream of that day when football will be as popular as basketball in the Philippines!
14. Sebago Trend Docksides Men’s Shoes – A classic trend which seems to be coming back recently.
15. Men’s Pullover Sweaters for the rainy season – It seems like these pullover sweaters are not only for the rainy season. They are also good for the cool breeze of December and for our ice-cold air-conditioned office buildings and classrooms.
16. Sennheiser HD-408: Feel the vibe! – Best headphones I’ve owned. Ever. I managed to convince 5 friends to get these headphones too. Perhaps Sennheiser should get me as their endorser?
17. Mint pants with suspender-like straps – Oh yes, how could I ever forget this stylish pants that got me stuck on the door knob?
18. GBX Uraha Slip-On shoes – I should give this shoe an award. “Best Casual Shoe of 2010”. It feels so comfortable to wear that I find myself picking it up from my shoe rack everytime I go out on dates and gimmicks.
19. Would you date/marry a girl who has the same surname as yours? – It is not impossible to fall in love with a girl who has the same surname as yours. So I asked PGG guys this question and as it turns out, surnames don’t matter at all as long as you are 100% sure that you are not relatives.
20. Samsung Wave. Brilliant! – My first Samsung, full touchscreen phone. I think it still has one of the best screens I’ve seen on a cellphone. Truly brilliant!
21. Solo’s Cartoonist Collection and Model Search – Cartoons in men’s clothes? Check out this unique trend from Solo.
22. Pinoy Guy Guide and Giordano Giveaway – Giordano partnered with Pinoy Guy Guide this year for an early Christmas giveaway. I am sure that the winners enjoyed their prizes this holiday season.
23. Ignorance is Boring – These statement shirts from National Geographic Channel and Regatta are a major success. Everyone is wearing them.
24. Awesome finds at American Rag Cie – A stylish shop which combines stylish brands. I never noticed them until recently.
26. Get that Red Belt! – Colorful casual belts are definitely in. The most popular of all colored casual belts are the red ones. I am sure this trend will continue in 2011.
27. Are those vampire contact lenses? – Lots of guys these days are wearing contact lenses similar to the vampire characters in Twilight and Imortal.
28. Nokia N8: Cheap compared to its predecessors? – A feature-packed phone from the still #1 mobile phone maker Nokia. However, will N8 stand a chance against other popular smartphones such as the iPhone and the Androids?
29. Vandalism and a Woman’s virginity – I published this post after seeing a funny graffiti inside a bus. It’s quite a laugh. 🙂
30. Porsche Design: Luxury Men’s Wear – The most luxurious and expensive brand of men’s clothing I have actually seen. If you are rich like Manny Pacquiao, why not?
Some of the things also worth noting this past year is the new and improved layout of PGG, increasing number of Facebook likes, increasing number of PGG forum members and subscribers and new products from the PGG Store.
That’s all for this year dudes. Lots of stuff to look forward to in 2011. I wish you and your families a very Happy New Year!